Thursday, April 8, 2010

Catching up with Old Friends


My bestest buddy when I was a kid was Nelle. Nelle and I did everything together and we had a great time doing it. Sadly we lost contact for a few years but met up again about 3 years ago now. Nelle has been living in England for about 5 years and her visits back home are few and far between, so, when she said she was coming for a visit in late November last year, I dropped everything to go and play with Nelle.

Now, Nelle is a great talker and she gets that from her Mum (my Aunty Rosemary) so when the three of us went out for lunch, well even the restaurant staff had trouble getting a word in! So, we chatted and laughed our way through a beautiful lunch at Customs House overlooking the harbour at Newcastle, then moved on to Hamilton for afternoon tea with Nelles' beautiful daughters (Sarah and Georgie) and sister Julianna (Boppy) and Bop's kids Cam and Belinda, plus we had Nelle's grandson Jayson with us right through the day as well...in actual fact, Jayson is the point of this post, but I will get to that! Anyway, with all of us telling stories and laughing til we cried I am quite sure the lovely bar we had over run thought they had been invaded by thousands of clucking chooks!

Not only do Nelle and I excel at talking, we are also very good at eating. After lunch and afternoon tea we made our way to one of the local pubs in a Hamilton back street for the best Chinese meal I have had in years. Here we met up with some of our old school friends that I hadn't seen for 25 years or more. As you can imagine, there was a bit more chatting and laughter over a couple of wines while we were there.

It was a whirlwind visit, I was only there for just under 24 hours but we managed to cram so much into it, and had the best time.

Now, lets get to the point! I mentioned Nelle's grandson Jayson - well what a happy young man he is, with the most beautiful eyes. Here are a couple of photos that I took of this beautiful boy while I was there. Can't wait to do it all again, hurry up and come home Nelle, some of us miss you!

Cheers
Lici

No comments:

Post a Comment