Thursday, June 21, 2012

Why are Newborn Portraits so special?

I love Newborn Portrait sessions. Tiny bundles of goodness that smell so sweet and look like little angels here on earth. I love the emotion between mother and child, the protectiveness of a new dad and seeing a couple embark on their journey as a family. It truly is a special honour and privilege to be a part of those moments and to capture this huge milestone for my clients.

I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely young family recently with their gorgeous new baby girl. She is amazingly beautiful and her parents were simply fantastic to work with - the best part is, she is a member of our Baby's First Year program so I will continue to watch her grow over the next 12 months! It is really special to be able to photograph these babies over the course of a year - their biggest growth year - as they grow from teensy weensy newborn to vibrant, giggling, happy little toddler in what seems like the shortest space of time. If it goes so quick for me, it must feel like the blink of any eye for the parents! They are only this tiny for a fleeting moment and that is what makes every Newborn Portrait so very, very special.


Please welcome 15 day old Andrea.










                                           




5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Alicia! Your portrait photography is so amazing- you have truly captured such an important time in a new family's life! This squishy little girl is so very beautiful- you have created a keepsake image for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Amy! She truly is a beautiful baby girl and it is always an honour to do newborn portraits - I have the best job in the world!

    Cheers
    Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. I love that chubby baby. You've done a gorgeous job with a great variety of beautiful images. I would be so happy if I was her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these newborn images, Alicia! You really have a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Alicia, you really captured such sweetness with these newborn portraits! She looks so adorably squishy in that first shot. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete