Wednesday, May 15, 2013

8 Day Old Newborn Baby Girl.

Oh Lulu...such sweet perfection. She was just full of gorgeous girlishness and was so utterly glamorous at just 8 days of age.



I always love it when we have been a part of a new baby's life even before they were born. Lulu's Mum, Laura, had a beautiful Maternity Portrait with us just a few weeks before Lulu was due to arrive. When we have spent time with mum's beforehand it always adds a little something special to meeting the new baby, that only a few weeks before we were celebrating as a beautiful baby bump. The sense of anticipation here as the baby's due date gets closer is fantastic - Miss Mel and I have discussions on whether bub will be early or late, boy or girl (if it's a surprise!) and how much cuddling we plan to do.

The part I love the most is when my mum's ring me or on occasions send me a text - and it's only hours after the birth...I get so excited. I remember clearly being in the McDonalds drive through on one occasion and receiving the text message that twins had arrived....and me, unable to concentrate on my coffee order, telling the drive through girl that my new twins were here! And they are both boys and I absolutely love them already! LOL...the look on her face informed me that she though I was deranged and possibly dangerous.

Lulu's arrival was another of those moments. I was in the studio when Miss Mel received an email and a text message - complete with photos - of this gorgeous baby girl. Miss Mel poked her head in the door of the studio and I knew straight away that she had exciting news - she looked about to burst! And in typical sweet, lovely and completely professional Miss Mel fashion she said very politely "Laura's has had the baby - its a girl." Just music to my ears....and when I learned her name - I was in heaven!

8 days later there she was, in my arms and stealing my heart as they so often do. Her parents are such a wonderful couple and seeing them together as a family made me melt. She was such a good baby girl and once she had a full tummy she slept well and was so beautiful while she did it - she even gave me a little smile here and there....and like a true girly girl, she was very coy with those darling smiles







Laura and George, thank you for sharing your adorable Lulu with us. The 3 of you are the perfect little family and I loved being a part of your family's journey, meeting you has been very, very special.

Cheers
Alicia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment