Monday, May 6, 2013

Darling Darcie - Newborn Portrait.

Beautiful and delicate. Divine and delightful. Gorgeous 15 day old baby girl Darcie...and didn't she have me in a lather of sweat!



She came in with her Mum, Dad and big sister Georgia and right from the very first moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she was very special. Darcie had a strong personality and knew her likes and dislikes already. Now I always have to fit in with the baby - I tell all my clients that baby gets to run the show...but Darcie all but read me the riot act and said THIS is all I am prepared to do today!



We started out with her family portraits as we always do when we have a toddler involved as well. I know only too well that our toddlers have a short attention span so I like to get their work done first...not too many toddlers are going to hold it together over the duration of a newborn portrait - even exceptional ones like Georgia. Darcie slept through her group photos and with Georgia...and then it was time for her to take centre stage.



Well, she was awake. And cranky! And let us know in no uncertain terms that she was well and truly done for the day and there would be no further photo opportunities until she was good and ready! OK, Darce, OK!!! Now this happens sometimes - rarely - but it does happen....and what are you gonna do??? All you can do is take in in your stride and move on to plan X, Y or Z. Fortunately Mum and Dad are from Cranebrook and we made arrangements to have Darcie back two days later.

Our plans must have suited little Darcie, as she came back in sleeping and ready to work...and my goodness was she beautiful! We worked quickly and in under an hour, Darcie had completed 4 or 5 different sets and was still sleeping...I'm a quick learner though and wasn't going to push my luck, just in case she decided to nail me again. I was so happy with the session, I decided to quit while I was ahead - and just look at her! She is absolutely gorgeous - I am in love with her newborn portraits.



So here's a little postscript to Darcie's story. On the Easter weekend I was having coffee in Penrith when Kylie (Darcie's) Mum came over to say hello. I asked her if she had Darcie with her and she brought her over so I could see her...by now she was about 2 and a half months old. So there she was, completely awake and still so beautiful...and I turned to mushy goo (like I do!) and said to her "Oh you gorgeous, rotten little thing. Didn't you make me jump through hoops?"  She looked at me and popped out the biggest, sweetest smile...cheeky, rotten little...SHE KNEW!! I just know she did - and I love her for it!



Kylie, thank you so much - you, Wes and the girls are simply wonderful and I loved having you here...and I will never, ever forget beautiful Darcies' newborn session :)

Cheers
Alicia xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment