Monday, July 22, 2013

Newborn Baby Boy - 10 Day Old Aston

We adore all of our families and Geoffrey, Kelly and Aston are really special to us. You see, Geoffrey's Dad is mates with my Father in Law...they both do excavations and have known each other for many years. Going back a couple of years Geoffrey and Kelly asked us to photograph their wedding day celebrations. Now, during our meetings, Kelly and I got talking and it turns out - I know her Mum and Dad...(who knew!!!) - from 20 years ago! Talk about 6 degree's of separation! It's alive and well right here!

Just before Christmas last year, Kelly called me to book in for our Santa's Workshop Sessions in 2013....hang on a second - that can only mean one thing! Yes, Kelly and Geoff were expecting a new baby boy and he was due to arrive in March! Honestly - I could barely wait to meet this little man.



Aston came in at 10 days new for his Newborn Portrait Session and he was simply divine. One of those babies that sleeps perfectly, hardly ever cries - yes, I can hear plenty of Mums cursing with jealousy...Kelly and Geoff are blessed with such a perfect little boy.



Kelly is super creative and she had decorated the baby's room in gorgeous bright colours and I was excited to see that she had brought along the letters that make up his name on his nursery wall. On top of that - Geoff had found the BEST little Tonka Tip Truck that they wanted to include in Astons portrait session. Oh yeah - this was exciting! Knowing the family (both sides) like I do, I was aware that Kelly's Mum and Dad have Tilt Trays and Trucks and Geoff's Dad has Tippers - I love working with props that have meaning for the family, it makes the images even more special.


So while we were preparing the set, I was looking for something that I could use to prop up the letters of Aston's name....Geoff who happens the be a carpenter had his work truck here and had a fantastic idea. The spirit level! You can see it there behind the letters and it fits in perfectly in every way!

I adore this little man with his Dad's hand on him, keeping him safe.

And here is Kelly and Geoffrey's gorgeous Wall Portrait display in their home. It looks absolutely beautiful and I am so proud to have played a part in the special milestone moments in their lives - my heart skips a beat every time I look at this.



Thank you Kelly and Geoff. While we are all about making memories for our clients (friends), you guys and all our clients, whether you know it or not, are also creating wonderful moments and memories for us here. Being able to share these special times with you means the world to Miss Mel and I. Your little man is so precious, thank you for being a part of our family and for allowing us to be a part of yours.

Til next time,
Alicia  xxx



2 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful blog Alicia! And posted on my birthday, to top it all off.
    Thank you so much.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my pleasure Kelly and Happy Birthday to you!!!

    Cheers
    Alicia :)

    ReplyDelete